With a style that challenges the experienced practitioner, this postgraduate qualification programme reviews, questions and considers alternative solutions to complex and specialist resourcing and talent management topics.
- Length of Programme
You have five weeks to complete the requirements of the programme, including the written assignment. Please note the duration of the programme does not include final marking, moderation and certification.
- Who is it for
You are likely to be a senior resourcing practitioner who understands the strategic direction of the organisation and is looking to develop specific knowledge and skills in the area of resourcing and talent management through an intensive programme of face-to-face workshops, assessment and self-study. And because the face-to-face workshops are completed in a one week block, the programme is particularly suited to practitioners working outside the UK.
On completion of the programme, you will be able to:
- critically analyse the internal and external factors impacting on resourcing and talent management
- demonstrate a commitment to diversity in resourcing and talent management
- evaluate resourcing and talent management strategies for long term planning
- undertake long and short term session planning
- utilise workforce planning to identify gaps for talent planning
- critically analyse recruitment and selection methods for predictability, reliability and validity
- utilise talent management tools and techniques
- analyse turnover, stability and retention strategies
- review retirement, redundancy and dismissal practices against law, ethical and professional practice.
PRE-WORK - you will be require to complete around 10 hours of pre-reading or pre-work before attending this programme. Please ensure you factor this into your time.
(Pre-work will be available on the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). VLE access details will be sent to you 2-3 weeks from the start date. Please note if you are a late booker, access may be delayed slightly, however pre-work will be sent to you via e-mail.)
- Analysis of the organisational context impacting on resourcing and talent management strategies
- Legislation, diversity, equality and ethical practice in resourcing and talent management
- Continuing professional development
- Strategic workforce planning and an evaluation of resourcing and talent management strategies
- Tools and techniques for succession planning
- Approaches to internal and external talent acquisition
- Managing exits and restructures
- Employer Branding and its contribution to resourcing and talent management
What are the assessment activities?
- exercises and activities held throughout workshops
- a presentation on resourcing, talent management and exits in your organisation for which you will be expected to prepare for throughout the week.
- a 3,000 – 3,500 word written assignment which must be completed four weeks after the face-to-face element of the programme.
On successful completion of the programme, you’ll be awarded the CIPD Level 7 Advanced Award in Human Resources. The qualification is accredited by the CIPD and is equivalent to QCF level 7.
- How to gain
To be awarded the qualification, you must:
- attend five, face-to-face workshop days
- complete the workshop exercises and activities, including a presentation
- successfully complete a written assignment.
- Special features
The programme is specifically designed for busy practitioners who recognise the value of achieving an internationally recognised, postgraduate qualification but wish to do so in a concentrated period of time.
First class tutors
The tutors you will meet have in-depth knowledge of their subject, and combine academic expertise with years of hands-on business and industry experience. They are passionate about their specialist areas, and have proven time and time again their ability to facilitate top-quality learning and provide the best possible learning experience. So, whilst theory and models matter (and you’ll get them), they are skilled in helping you ‘translate’ them into your day-to-day reality.
Networking and knowledge sharing
You will meet like-minded people management and development professionals from around the world and be provided with a unique opportunity to share and develop new ideas and immerse yourself in your discoveries of resourcing and talent management.
Comprehensive course notes and reference materials
As part of the qualification programme, you'll be given a range of course documentation and reference material. Not only will these aid your learning, but they are useful resources to help you back at work.
Dedicated online resources
You have exclusive access to a dedicated, comprehensive, web-based Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), where you’ll find extensive online resources to aid your learning. For example, networked discussion forums, assignment guidance and much more.
- Course Tutors
Ms Kerry Forster
Miss Alyson WeeksAlyson is a Chartered MCIPD and has worked as an HR practitioner for the last 20 years with a broad range of businesses from SM to Blue Chip; leading and delivering HR and development programmes to meet business objectives, both as a consultant and manager. She regularly worked with managers and staff at all levels in a wide range of organisations, either in groups or giving 1-1 tailored advice and coaching to directors, managers and staff in the development of high performing teams, personal development and skills gaps, career guidance coaching for role transition and outplacement support. She has led on the design, delivery and implementation of business skills and coaching programmes, change projects, succession planning, talent management, the entire recruitment life cycle and learning & development programmes. Alyson has a facilitative style and her programmes are known to be interactive and fun.
- Dates and fees
Full Up-front Qualification Fee £3,495 + VAT, Member fees: £3,495 + VAT
The fees include all tuition, personal tutor support, assessment, course material and access to the dedicated Virtual Learning Environment. They do not include travel, accommodation or student membership.
Membership is not mandatory to complete this programme; however we strongly recommend coming into Affiliate Membership in order to benefit from the full range of CIPD resources available to members.
For more details on membership, or to register, please go to our membership page.