Duration: 2 days   /   Level: General   /   Suitable for in-house
Analyse your workforce and develop a people strategy to match supply and demand for staff in line with business needs.
Dates and AvailabilityAdd to Wishlist
27 September 2017
Duration: 2 days
|£1,150.00 + VAT||Waiting list|
- • If you need to book more than four places on one date please contact us on +44 (0) 20 8612 6202 or email us
- • If you prefer not to book online, you can download and print a booking form here (PDF 128KB)
- • Choose to pay by invoice or card during checkout
Workforce planning is rapidly emerging as an essential activity for HR to engage in if it is to increase strategic contribution and drive talent and business outcomes. So how can HR practitioners start to derive the benefits of workforce planning in their own organisations? The Workforce Planning course will help you analyse the workforce, develop a strategy to match demand for staff with the right people at the right time, and create a plan for talent management and retention.
This course can also be run in-house for a group of people in your organisation. Run as it features here, or tailored to suit your organisational needs. To discuss your particular requirements, please call us on +44 (0)20 8612 6202.
- Course Tutors
Ms Rita McGee
Rita McGee FCIPD, previously HR Director of The Pepe Group, now works as a consultant, tutor, facilitator and executive coach. In her consulting practice she has been involved in the development of HR, Learning and Development, Talent Management and OD strategy. She is passionate about working with HR teams to enable them to add value. She designs and delivers an array of training programmes aimed at building organisational, team and individual capability. Recently, Rita has been involved in the design and delivery of Leadership Development Programmes which have led to significant improvements in line managers’ abilities in the areas of performance and talent management. She is trained in advanced facilitation skills and coaching and she regularly works with senior HR practitioners and business leaders on a one to one basis. Rita is a published author and has completed numerous best-selling toolkits for the CIPD.
- Who is it for
Workforce Planning is suitable for you if you’re already involved in HR and recruitment services within your organisation or you simply want to increase your potential to deliver more powerful and longer-lasting results in strategic planning.
By the end of Workforce Planning you'll be able to:
- Understand the elements of HR strategy
- use techniques and tactics applicable to workforce planning
- develop an action plan to improve the recruitment and retention of key talent
- confidently participate in the business planning process and construct and implement workforce plans.
- Identifying opportunities for adding value
- Demand planning
- Linking business plans to workforce plans
- Employee engagement and talent retention
- Supply planning
- Managing growth and decline
- Foundations for effective succession planning
- Succession planning methods
- Career planning processes
- The flexible organisation
- Constructing the workforce plan.
Add a review