Advanced Facilitation Skills
Duration: 1 day   /   Level: General   /   Suitable for in-house
Explore tools and techniques, gain feedback, extend your knowledge and skills and build your confidence in dealing with challenging situations.
Dates and AvailabilityAdd to Wishlist
|We do not have information about dates online at present. For short courses, please contact our customer services team on +44(0)20 8612 6202. For qualifications, please refer to the Fees and Dates section below.|
As facilitation becomes more widely known and practised, expectations grow about the facilitator’s competence. Advanced Facilitation Skills is a one-day practical course that gives you an opportunity to explore tools and techniques, gain feedback in practice sessions, extend your knowledge and skills and build your confidence in dealing with challenging situations.
Run as it features here, or run in-house where the content can be tailored to suit your organisational needs; cost effective if a number of people require training. Call our in-house training team to discuss your particular requirements on +44 (0)20 8612 6202.
- Who is it for
Advanced Facilitation Skills is for those that have facilitation experience, or have completed the Facilitation Skills course.
By the end of the Advanced Facilitation Skills course, you will be able to:
- explore tools and techniques in advanced facilitation
- competently facilitate challenging situations through practise and feedback
- practise challenging facilitating sessions using a range of tools
- more confidently deal with difficult scenarios and build more effective approaches.
The course is highly participative and interactive with opportunities to gain feedback from the tutor and other course members. There will also be a mixture of group discussions, group work and exercises.
What is successful facilitation?
- quiz and plenary discussion
- facilitation practise (the skills of facilitation) followed by feedback and debrief.
Tools and processes
- creating a toolkit
- facilitation practise followed by feedback and debrief.
Facilitation models and tools
- models of thinking, planning tools, creating synergy and climate analyses
- examination of different models
- exercise: Measuring the climate.
Personal skills development
- understanding the impact we have on others
- listening, insight questioning, rapport building
- practical exercises.
Designing high impact events to achieve successful outcomes
- exercise: Designing the process for workshops and other events using a range of tools – facilitation practice.
Dealing with difficult people and situations
- dealing with barriers to gaining agreement: provocation and other catalytic techniques Transaction analysis
- he behaviour laboratory: exercises to practice working with tough situations.
Add a review