Duration: 2 days   /   Level: General   /   Suitable for in-house
Focus on how to express competency requirements, measure and select job applicants, with this two day course.
Dates and AvailabilityAdd to Wishlist
|10 November 2015||London||Spaces available||
|£1,035.00 + VAT||Book places now|
- • If you need to book more than four places on one date please contact us on +44 (0) 20 8612 6202 or email us
- • If you prefer not to book online, you can download and print a booking form here (PDF 128KB)
- • Choose to pay by invoice or card during checkout
Competency-based Recruitment focuses on how to express competency requirements, attract people who meet those requirements and then select the candidates who are the most competent or have the potential to be so.
This course can also be run in-house for a group of people in your organisation. Run as it features here, or tailored to suit your organisational needs. To discuss your particular requirements, please call us on +44 (0)20 8612 6202.
- Course Tutors
Mrs Philippa WebsterPhilippa has a wealth of HR experience and her skills and knowledge cover a wide-range of HR areas including dealing with grievance and disciplinary issues for clients, whilst running training programmes, not only for the CIPD, but bespoke offerings to private clients. She also works as a ‘hands-on’ HR professional working with organisations, large and small in areas such as measuring the ROI on the HR function - such as training - as well as reviewing and writing policies and procedures. She works all over the UK and in Europe and has worked for private organisation, public organisations and European bodies. She is a published author.
- Who is it for
Competency-based Recruitment is suitable for HR professionals or line managers with recruitment responsibilities or recruitment specialists requiring an overview of the competency-based approach to recruitment and selection.
By the end of Competency-based Recruitment you will be able to:
- assess the advantages and limitations of a competency based approach to recruitment
- define competency requirements in a way that could be used in recruitment
- design an interview framework based on competencies
- search for, recognise and judge evidence of competence in an interview
- structure an assessment centre based on competence.
- Competencies and approach requirements
- What difference it may make to the way you attract and select staff
- Examples of competencies
- Links to the business, the culture and HRM/HRD systems
- Framing your competency framework for recruitment
- Advertising for competent people
- Designing your selection processes
- Stereotyping and gender issues
- How to select or create competency-based assessments
- Identifying potential
- Identifying, recording and judging evidence of competence
- Planning the next steps towards a recruitment approach.
Add a review