This qualification is a great option if you’re looking to develop an understanding of the potential and limitations of learning and development policies and strategies for formulating and achieving objectives at organisational, group and individual levels. It’ll give you a comprehensive overview of this vital function, bringing together the CIPD’s research, knowledge and training expertise, with leading practitioners and consultants in the field, to provide you with a recognised qualification based on leading-edge thinking and highly practical approaches.
The CIPD Level 7 Advanced Award in Learning and Talent Development can also be provided in-house. This is a cost-effective approach if you have a number of people who require training. You choose where and when you want our trainers to deliver. We can also tailor the programme to suit your precise organisation needs. To speak to an adviser about your particular requirements, call our in-house training team on +44 (0)20 8612 6202.
- Length of Programme
You have a maximum of one year to complete the programme and gain the qualification. Please note the duration of the programme does not include final marking, moderation and certification.
- Who is it for
This is the programme for you if you’re a senior L&D/HR practitioner responsible for decision-making at either operational, tactical or a more strategic level, or if you’re involved in the implementation of processes of learning and talent development strategies.
On successful completion of the programme, you’ll be able to:
- Design and develop learning and talent development strategies to ensure effectiveness at an individual, group, departmental and (sometimes even) national level
- Select the most appropriate learning and talent development strategies, policies and methods from a range options based on the internal and external factors that affect your organisation
- Successfully lead and implement learning and talent development programmes and interventions
- Work with, and manage, a range of stakeholders and partners to ensure programme success
- Increase your awareness aware of, and manage, organisational politics as it pertains to the influence that learning and talent development can have in your organisation
- Boost and manage your own continuous professional development as a leader in learning.
PRE-WORK - you will be require to complete around 10 hours of pre-reading or pre-work before attending this programme. Please ensure you factor this into your time.
(Pre-work will be available on the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). VLE access details will be sent to you 2-3 weeks from the start date. Please note if you are a late booker, access may be delayed slightly, however pre-work will be sent to you via e-mail.)
The CIPD Level 7 Advanced Award in Learning and Talent Development is made up of:
Three two-day course modules (2 days each):
- Workshop 1 – you’ll gain an introduction to the qualification and go through the assessment activities. It will also cover formulation and implementation of processes of learning and talent development, professionalism and professional practice, and take a look at your continuous professional development.
- Workshop 2 – looks at the range of learning and talent development strategies, policies and methods. You’ll also explore leading the initiation, development and implementation of learning and talent development strategies and producing business plans and business case; budget planning and control; allocation and management of resources; selection and management of third party suppliers.
- Workshop 3 – focuses on working effectively and collaboratively with key internal and external partners and stakeholders, assessing the role and influence of the politics of learning and talent development and practice, and skills of influencing.
Upon successful completion of the programme, you’ll be awarded the CIPD Level 7 Advanced Award in Learning and Talent Development with 15 points at postgraduate level. The qualification is accredited by the CIPD and equivalent to QCF level 7.
- How to gain
To be awarded the Advanced Award in Learning and Talent Development you must:
- attend the three, two-day face-to-face workshops
- contribute to online discussions
- design and deliver a 30 minute group presentation
- complete a supporting 1500 word report
- complete a 3000 (+ or - 10%) word assignment
- reflect critically on your own learning in relation to your professional practice.
- Special features
Whether you’re doing a course, qualification, or in-house programme, the tutors you will meet have in-depth knowledge of their subject, and combine academic expertise with years of hands-on business and industry experience. They are passionate about their specialist areas, and have proven time and time again their ability to facilitate top-quality learning and provide the best possible learning experience. So, whilst theory and models matter (and you’ll get them), they are skilled in helping you ‘translate’ them into your day-to-day reality.
Take a look at the Tutors tab on this page to view biographies of just some of the tutors you’re likely to meet on the programme. Why not look them up on Google – we’re proud of the fact that many of our tutors are among the UK’s leading experts in their specialist area.
Unlimited support from your personal tutor
When you start your qualification programme, you’ll be assigned a personal tutor, who will provide support, guidance and encouragement throughout your studies by phone or email – invaluable when you’re juggling the challenge of studying with a busy home and work life.
Comprehensive additional resources – on and offline
You’ll be provided with comprehensive documentation and reference material to support you in your studies, including textbooks (where relevant), in addition to which (on most programmes) you’ll also have access to an online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). The VLE includes extensive additional learning resources and links to articles, research, surveys and practical tools relevant to your studies. It also enables you to network with your fellow learners and participate in networked discussion forums facilitated by your tutor between face-to-face learning days. Plus you’ll find tips and guidance on how to do assignments, and for exam-based qualifications, revision tips, past exam papers, examiner’s reports, online exam tutorials and much more.
A blended approach
Most of our programmes take a blended approach – combining face-to-face learning with self-study and online working (via the Virtual Learning Environment). This powerful mix is one of the best ways to achieve sustained skills enhancement, and also minimises the time you need to spend away from the office.
Practical and applicable
For your learning to work, it has to be relevant to your workplace. That’s why our programmes focus on providing you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to apply your learning back at work straight away. You’ll explore your own needs and issues, as well as share experiences, challenges and insights with other participants and your expert tutor. We constantly update and improve our programmes, to ensure they are aligned with your changing needs and prepare you for the issues facing your profession.
You’ll be given extensive resources to help you put your learning into practice as soon as you return to work. Our qualification programmes provide you with comprehensive documentation and reference material to support you in your studies.
- Dates and fees
Full Up-front Qualification Fee £4,345 + VAT, Member fees: £4,345 + VAT
Fees include all tuition, personal tutor support and telephone coaching, assessment, course materials and access to the dedicated Virtual Learning Environment. They do not include travel, accommodation or Award Registration Fee, mandatory for all candidates who are not already CIPD members.
Membership is not mandatory to complete this programme; however we strongly recommend coming into Affiliate Membership in order to benefit from the full range of CIPD resources available to members.
For more details on membership, or to register, please go to our membership page.
We do not have information about dates online at present. Please refer to the fees and Dates section below or contact our customer services team on +44(0)20 8612 6201 for further details.